Central Heating Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

We've been using our central heating for the past few weeks after a long time off during the summer. It has been working OK (apart from a couple of radiators being cool due to sludge which I was planning to try and sort out soon) until yesterday.

We had the heating in the morning and then turned it off because it was getting too warm. We had a couple of guys come in to fit a new gas cooker. Sometime after they had gone we tried to turn the heating back on and all the radiators were stone cold and haven't worked since. We can still get hot water.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to DIY but I thought I'd ask here if there are any fixes I can try myself when I get home from work tonight before I start ringing around for someone to look at it.

Any advice would be very helpful. Thank you for reading

Sponsored Links
You could begin by revealing the make and model of your boiler. It may be an older model with a pilot that was not relit after cooker fix.

Hi Pete,

I don't know what make and model it is and I'm at work so I can't check.

It is an old model so the pilot light could be the problem.

Thank you for your reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back