Central heating fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a landis & gyr central heating programmer RWB200, the central heating is not coming on despite programme being set to constant. The appropriate indicator light for central heating is also not coming on. Is this an electrical fault pse.

Sponsored Links
does the heating come on if the hot water is selected too?

Hi there is no problem with hot water, and the hot water indicator light comes on the programmer too, its just the central heating light which doesnt and of course the central heating which doesnt.

hmm thats not what i asked.

it could be the prog that is faulty, however, if the heating comes on with the hotwater selected then this could indicate a valve fault or wiring.

the only way to be sure is to test the progarammer or bypass it.

Sponsored Links
I have a landis & gyr central heating programmer RWB200, the central heating is not coming on despite programme being set to constant. The appropriate indicator light for central heating is also not coming on. Is this an electrical fault pse.

Thanks, no the heating doesnt come on when you select hot water. Also the hot water indicator light doesnt go out when you switch to off!

Remove programmer and bypass the heating (Live to heating 'on')

Dave

If the bypass works then yes, you need a new programmer.

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back