central heating fro stanley range

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please?

I currently have a stanley errigal woodburning range in the kitchen which I have plumbed up to provide domestic hot water.

I bought the range second hand from a house whre it was powering 9 radiators and i would now like it to do the same here. The problem is I have no experience with building central heating systems.

Is it something a novice could manage do you think?

I believe it will need to be a pumped system and I will need a pipe thermostat.

What guage pipe should I use? what radiators? (will the standard B&Q ones do?)

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated as I am pretty clueless at the minute.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi. I have a similar sort of query too. Want to install a solid fuel stove and use it to heat upstairs radiators in the winter. Already have a combi-boiler that runs everything. Would use this through summer months, then use stove for upstairs and boier for downstairs. Is it possible to do this? Would it be economical anyway?

Cooking and water heating from a single woodburning appliance is not a good move. Cooking requires high temperature while waterheating requires low temperature.

Get an installation manual from Stanley, as from your question you have a lot to learn. Wood fuel waterheating, while a poor idea to begin with, also has significant safety considerations, and building control requirements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back