Central Heating & Hot Water - problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope somebody can help..

i only seem to have hot water when the central heating is on.
When the CH goes off, no hot water.

If i turn of the boiler from the electric socket and leave off for 15mins, everything is working again.

Problem comes back as soon as the heating is turned back on.

I have a combi worcester boiler model 24i Junior.

thanks for any advice anybody can give

Sponsored Links
Hi.....

Do you get a fault code on the boiler?? ie does the light flash 4 times per second or once a second??

Jard

Ok, well if the hot water sensor was faulty the light would flash 4 times a second. There could be a fault on the circuit board,although this would most probably affect the central heating also. The fault is most likely to be the flow sensor, so the boiler is not recognising the flow of hot water, part costs about 25 quid

Jard

Sponsored Links
Ok, well if the hot water sensor was faulty the light would flash 4 times a second. There could be a fault on the circuit board,although this would most probably affect the central heating also. The fault is most likely to be the flow sensor, so the boiler is not recognising the flow of hot water, part costs about 25 quid

Jard

Many thanks for your advice will look at replacing this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back