Central heating not working hot water OK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is a wall hung Thermecom oil boiler. the central heating is controlled by digistat RF 1 wireless system. About 3 weeks ago the central heating was switching on and off irregularly.I suspected the fault was the due to the RF 1 transmitter and change the batteries but this had no effect.
A visiting Heating Engineer replaced a BMPV 3 port mid position valve yesterday. this appeared to solve the problem but today after a period of switching off and on the boiler failed to fire for heating and the overide button on the digistat receiver has no effect. The only way I can get heating for a short period is to use the manual level on the valve and increase the required water temperature. The boiler stops once this temperature is reached.

Sponsored Links
Still sounds like the 3 port valve at fault, or the wiring is incorrect.

Call your engineer back. It will all be under warranty and if he is as stupid as me he will come out again tomorrow ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back