Central Heating not working?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we have a apollo fanfare 30/50s sealed system that refuses to stay on for longer then 10mins before banging and blowing the pilot out. The boiler as two settings hi/low, if i change the setting to low the boiler still bangs but pilot stays on. After standing in the celler for some time i noticed that it was the pump that had cut out. After 5mins or so it started pumping again (i think it was getting too hot and tripping out). Replaced pump still same problem??I have bled all rads and new pump till water came out, first few drops brown then clear.Pump water clear. I would guess the system to be between 10/15 years old and have had no problem with it in the six years we have lived here. I have tried to give as much detail as i can Would greatly appreciate any help thanx. :( Is there anyone who could tell me how to bleed the system or how to bleed a radiator thanx again :confused:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back