Central Heating Plan for Large House

Sponsored Links
I could always point out that WB asked if they could produce the hex under license and when that was turned down attempted to buy the whole company a couple of years ago. Must be something in it :mrgreen:

Back on topic.... OP.... This is a project, there are many ways to achieve what you need, but if the place is listed, and that big you have to get a couple of good site visits from a competent engineer that can understand domestic requirements on a large scale.

It is also worth getting proper drawings made up by an architect if they don't already exist.

It will cost, but not as much as rectifying cock ups later. This kind of thing needs doing once and well. Even if it means that the budget for a kitchen and bathroom is diverted to the "plant" for a year or two.

Sponsored Links
To be fair to Wooshitter Botch, like Faillant, they have some pretty good sample schematics for bigger jobs and the CDi is well proven, if not a little prone to spontaneous combustion.

Dan they have free installation manuals on line, great tech open all hours, great after care service, if your wai , a manager who meets to help your business, great advertising , very Reliable, what's not to like baby
Oh and the wb engineers turn up, next day and don't charge you for doing so Ie credit card charge
No brainier ..... That's why peeps love Bosch

I was a wai. Then I saw the light. It's like being part of a fascist state.

They do nothing Intergas don't do as well or better and the woofter products are inferior in almost every conceivable way.

Interesting ..... Do inter gas give you an accounts mgr who helps you with your business ?
Do inter gas have service engineers ?
Do they advertise / market
Are their parts expensive ( I know they never break down but just in case )

Interesting ..... Do inter gas give you an accounts mgr who helps you with your business ?
Do inter gas have service engineers ?
Do they advertise / market
Are their parts expensive ( I know they never break down but just in case )

I totally understand the interrogative/aggressive responses. When you are the number one seller in the uk there's only one way to go, must be scary!!

No, most of the guys that fit them are above average so don't need it. Dan certainly has made a success of things.

Yes, almost all service engineers are in house now and we don't stop servicing in October due to having large amounts of breakdowns like some I could mention.

Don't have a clue about spares prices except that we never expect to turn a profit on them.

And that's the big difference in life. Some make themselves look good by being good whilst others try and throw mud to bring everyone down to their level.

If I hadn't flagged Tony's ridiculous comment earlier it would've passed into internet lore that WB didn't honour warranties on microbore systems but that wouldn't be cricket ;)

With apologies to the OP - promise we won't take the thread off topic again!

Thanks all

Plant room and boiler(s) aside, is the general concept of feeding each room from a couple of central manifolds with a room stat in each room sensible?

Would it be sensible for rads to not have trv's if there's a stat in the room, or should they still have them anyway?

Can rads and underfloor be mixed on a manifold?

Would it be sensible for rads to not have trv's if there's a stat in the room, or should they still have them anyway?

It would be a bit confusing if the room stat was calling for heat, the manifold valve for that room opens and the boiler fires up only for the TRV to refuse to allow water to pass.

It would be a bit confusing if the room stat was calling for heat, the manifold valve for that room opens and the boiler fires up only for the TRV to refuse to allow water to pass.
That makes sense, thanks

And generally, can we assume that moving to one big system should be more efficient to run than for separate standalone ones?

Can rads and underfloor be mixed on the same manifold?

Answering my own question, I expect that the underfloor would need its own manifold so it can be run at a lower temperature than the rads?

moving to one big system should be more efficient to run than for separate standalone ones?

Not necessarily. If there is a big difference between the maximum heating load ( warming from cold ) and minimum load ( keeping it warm ) a single boiler may not be able to modulate its heat output to meet both maximuum and minimum and still be efficient. This is when two boilers can be more efficient than one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back