Central Heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to everyone, :D

I have got a bedroom radiator that doesnt heat up properly, the top half of the radiator gets warm (but not hot) and the bottom half of the radiator is cold. Also the flow pipe to the radiator is boiling.

All the other radiators in the house (small three bed) work fine, although the radiator in the small bedroom has been removed due to a leak and is waiting to be replaced.

Any advice about why the radiator is not heating up would be great, could it be a faulty radiaitor valve? Or will the raditor need replacing? Or could it have anything to do with the box room radiator removed?

All advice welcome, thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Bacho i have had a look at the faq's ad found it very useful.

I think it must be a circulation or balancing problem that is causeing the radiator to not eat up, because the only part of the radiator to get warm is the top corner above the inlet radiator valve. Also the radiator has a standard radiator valve and in fact there are no TRV's anywhere in the house.

Do you think if i install a radiator in the small bedroom to replace the radiator that was removed, could that cure a poor circulatin or balancing fault that is causeing the other radiator not heat up.

Also should i install a TRV on the new radiator?

thanks

Hot or warm at the top and cold at the bottom, with a boiling hot input pipe all says the there is no flow through the rad. This is more than likely a build up of gunk in the rad itself, which is also the easiest to fix. Take the rad off and flush it through with a hose pipe. Mind your carpets, if the rad gunk spills onto them, it will stain them - metal oxides and all that stuff. For the same reason, don't flush it through on your patio / decking.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back