Central heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having problem with my heating system. over the last couple of years have replaced like for like room stat and timer clock.
My problem is when the heating is completely off at the timer the radiators will still come on when just the hot water is selected. Could it have something to do with the diverter valve? do I need a replacement?
This problem has only just started and I think has no relation to the new parts fitted a few years ago? :cry:

Sponsored Links
Do you mean that when the hw is heating that the rads get warm? If so yes, if you have a 3 port valve it's sticking. (If 2 x 2 ports the CH one's sticking open a bit at least.)

Can you take its head off? Often a leaking spindle leads to binding.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all this is my first post so finding my way around. I think the head will come off i will check tomorrow and it's a Myson power extra the system is about 13 years old.
Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back