No Central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gloworm fuelsaver MkII controlled using a Potterton EP2000 timer to provide central heating and hot water.
The problem is that if I select central heating only on the timer (whether automatically or via the manual override), the boiler never 'fires up' and there is no CH. If however, I select hot water on the timer the boiler ignites and I get hot water . I will also get warm radiators even if I have only selected HW on the Potterton.
Whether its part of the same issue, when the central heating did work properly some months ago, whenever the boiler fired up I'd get a crackling interference on any radio or TV in the house at the exact moment the boiler went on. I don't get this now.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
3port valve stuck :?:

as kevplumb said more info required please.

Sponsored Links
:D no, ive just started :LOL: im just losing the plot when im sober now :cry: :cry: :cry:

thanks for the info. The system was installed when I moved and I don't know any other system info I can pass on. I have a 'Glow-worm Fuelsaver Mk II' boiler which services the CH and HW and the Potterton EP 2000 on the wall next to it allows CH/HW to come on twice a day automatically.
Sorry that I can't be any more technical

Paul :confused:

the pipes go up through the ceiling and theres no 3-way there. Theres a 3-way upstairs near the hot water tank. There is a 'Honeywell F5-9417' small silver box on the 3-way. Also have a Selectric PN 59525600 device in the upstairs cupboard as well.
Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back