Central Heating Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help!

I have an oil central heating system with a Centroller 2000. The boiler appears to be working fine (it produces hot water) but currently the systyem will not call for central heating. The centroller users a temperature sensor (called a Senstat) and when I increase the temperature on the Centroller when it was working it use to click when it hit the right temperature on the Senstat, but now it doesn't click and therefore doesn't fire up the boiler for central heating.

It seems to me therefore that the likely cause of my problems is either the Centroller itself or the Senstat sensor has gone. Is this a reasonable conclusion?

If so, my inclination is to replace the sensor first, but I cannot find a source of anything to replace the Senstat as everything I see are adjustable (either ananlogue or digital) room thermostat controls. Can anyone point me to a source?

If not - or if it's the controller itself - I understand that the HORSTMANN Centaurplus C27 Electronic Programmer is a reasonable replacement. If so it has something called an industry backplate. Is this therefore easier for a reasonable person to replace? And can anyone suggest what thermostat I should purchase with it.

Hope someone can advise!

Jeff

Sponsored Links
Back in the good old days I replaced many a Centroller for the same reason.
Usually the relay that you hear click goes up the spout.
Dont think I ever had a sensor go wrong but from memory they recommend that you replace the clock and the sensors when replacing the clock.
For that reason they came as a package anyway.

Stan

Stan,

Many thanks for your reply - very much appreciated.

Can you suggest a replacement for the Centroller please - and will this come with a sensor?

Thanks,

Jeff

Sponsored Links
Thanks - it was the first place I visited and it doesn't - it just tells you about the product which hasn't been manufactured for a few years. They use to have a trade-in service where they sent you a recon unit and you send them back the old unit. I think it's time to replace it all.

I'm hoping to replace the unit but I'm hoping for advice about the best unit to replace it with.

Jeff

They are still available as far as i am aware but if you want to replace it all i would go for this for ease of installation.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=30214

p2556379_l.jpg

Wireless programmable cylinder stat + wireless programmable room stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back