Central heating programmer and thermostat issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We moved into our house last year and our current central heating set up is:

Boiler: Vokera Mynute HE system boiler

Thermostats: 2x Robus RRF10 analogue thermstats (one in hallway and one in master bedroom)

Programmer: Anaglogue Flash Immermat Timer Clock.

When we came into the house none of the radiators had TRVs on, so the first easy fix we did was install them on all but the 2 rads where the thermostats are.

Programmer issues: We want to be able to programme the schedule on a 24 hour basis i.e. a schedule for Monday, a schedule for Tuesday and so on. The current analogue timer doesn't allow us to do this. I'm also led to believe that our current timer is designed for immersion heaters rather than boilers. Tbh I'm not actually sure why this is an issue. Surely, a timer is just there to tell the boiler when to come on/off. Nevertheless, our current one isnt meeting our needs. My questions are:

1) I imagine we need a 1-channel (single channel) programmer. Is this correct?

2) Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thermostats: The thermostats are playing up a bit. We set the upstairs one lower than the downstairs one as we want to bedrooms to be cooler than the rooms downstairs. So the upstairs thermostat tends to reach its set temperature first before the downstairs one and then switch one. When it does this, if the downstairs thermostat reaches its set temperature and switches off, for some reason the downstairs radiators stay on. Its only if I go upstairs and turn the up the upstairs thermostat then the downstairs raditors switch off.

1) Anyone know why this is the case?

2) Am I better off replacing these thermostats? Any recommendations? We don't need any wifi options that you can control on your phone.

3) The Cylinder doesnt have a cylinder thermostat which I thought was odd? Is this right?

Boiler: We dont have the money now but I was tempted to hold off and replace the boiler at some point and then get everything done (boiler, cylinder, thermostats, programmer) at the same time.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
you have already been told the answer, just because it is not what you want to hear wont change it

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back