Central Heating Programmer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Posted this in electrics and the guys there suggested trying here as well..

Wondering if it is possible for a central heating programmer to control lights and other equipment, reason I ask is I keep fish and have lights coming on/off various times in the day and all the plug in timers are rather bulky and unsightly where as 1 unit would tidy things up a lot for me.

55w flourescent comes on last/off first
2x 25w flourescent comes on second/off second
1x 25w flourescent comes on first/off last
Solenoid valve comes on/of with the 2x 25w lights

Thanks all.

please see here

i am locking this thread, please see 1a

Sponsored Links
Yes I use 2 programmers, 1 controls my first pair of marine white tubes on the ch and my actinics on the hw and the second programmer is wired into my other set of t5 whites on the ch and my skimmer, filter and powerheads on the hw so I can just flick it all off for feeding.

Make sure it's all to part L & P, fish have to be fitted with thermostatic valves and they musn't be able to operate the programmer from there tank
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
I've got a number of programmers, new old stock which I think would be fine. Separate CH and HW channels would give you control for 2 sets of lights each. Email me if interested.

email address removed

go back to the sparks and get them to start using there qualifications and knowlage instead of fobbing it of as usual. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back