Central heating temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first post so here goes,I have had a glow worm 30ci boiler for the last three years and have found during the colder months that it takes ages to reach the room stats set point of 20 deg c.The room stat is programable and during the day when at work it is set to about 16 deg c.I have 18 radiators and it is an old house.My question is that i have read the instruction book and it is factory set to 73 deg c which is about 15 kw,i can adjust it to 87 deg c which is 30kw.Would this put my gas comsumption through the roof or will it reach its desired set point quicker and so shut down quicker. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The 30ci has a modulating burner.Minimum heat output is 10.8kw and maximum heat output is 29.6kw.
A gas rate and burner pressure test would confirm that your boiler is operating at the correct settings.

As for the room thermostat, the point at which the stat is satisfied would depend on many things. ie The position of the thermostat, the insulation of the property, correct radiator sizes for the rooms.
You possibly need to check the heating load of the boiler and assess whether your radiators are simply not giving off enough heat to satisfy the room thermostat, the boiler would then go off on its own thermostat before room temp is satisfied

of course it takes longer in the winter months :confused:

My stat never satisfies as it is located on an outside wall (cold), where exactly is the stat located?, ideally it should be 1.5m high on an internal wall in a room that has no secondary heat source (fire, cooker, other).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back