central heating won't turn off!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Although we've turned off the central heating and the boiler isn't showing the heating in use, the radiators are still hot. Turned off the temp on the radiators individually but can still hear pump trying to warm them up. The error code on the boiler suggests there is a thermistor fault - how much is this going to cost? The boiler is only 6 years old - is this usual?

Sponsored Links
You need to tell us the make and model of boiler and type of system you have.

Assuming it is a basic thermistor fault, I would expect a charge of around £75-£85 + VAT.

Sounds like you have a serious problem

But a bit of hair dye should sort it out :LOL: .

Soz could not resist

:LOL: for the ginger comment - and don't think I haven't tried!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I'm a DIYnot virgin and I'm now at work and all I know it's that it's an Ideal Combi Boiler :cry:

Sponsored Links
:LOL: for the ginger comment - and don't think I haven't tried!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I'm a DIYnot virgin and I'm now at work and all I know it's that it's an Ideal Combi Boiler :cry:

An Ideal combi that worked for 6 years :eek:

Wow!

I'm sure one of the gas engineers here will be able to help later on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back