Radiator still on after turning off central heating!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I moved into a new home three months ago and have now turned off the central heating.

However the radiator in the en-suite bathroom is still coming on with the timer! All the other radiators are off but this one still comes on.

Any suggestions?

Ta

Simon

Sponsored Links
without knowing anything about your system.....cos you didnt tell me.....i would go for ch valve is passing and this is the closest rad or the bath rad is plumbed into the cylinder pipework.

Here's a picture of my timer - which as you can see has central heating switched off . . . but the timer still comes on every morning and you can hear it as normal - however, only the one radiator comes on???

v strange.

ch.jpg

Your en suite radiator is linked in with the hot water circuit so you can have a warm room when you step out of the bath/shower without heating up the whole house.
Just turn the rad off if not required.
Pete

Sponsored Links
Hi Pete,

That actually sounds like a really good idea!! I was just worried it was a fault!!

Thanks

Simon

We had exactly the same thing.... I thaught it was a fault, but it was used as a heat soak for when the old Coal fired back boiler system was installed. I just swapped the Rad for a nice shiney towel rail/ rad....

Works well....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back