central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi when I have the central heating off on the programmer and leave the water on, the water comes on but the radiators still get hot any idea's would be helpfull

cheers

Sponsored Links
More info would help ie what type of heating system, boiler name etc.....that said it sounds like a divert valve problem......

the boiler is a Gloworm Space Saver II and on the cylinder is an ACL Lifestyle 2 port motorised valve apart from that just the normal tank stat, pump and radiators ect. when you move the switch on the valve manually it brings the pump on and when the programmer brings the water on the pump comes on as well.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Guys thanks for that I'll give it a try one other thing I've noticed reading other topics on the forum they seem to say there should be 2 zone valves, 1 operated by a room stat and 1 operated by the tank stat I only have the 1 operated by the tank stat is that correct?

If you have a 2port valve connected to the tank then you should have another one for the heating. Where the pipe comes from the pump in the direction of the arrow on the side of the pump, follow the pipework, it will split off in 2 directions(possibly 3 for a bypass) to your valves.
In some very old properties you can have a gate valve instead of a 2 port valve, but this would usually be in use with a tapstat on the cylinder.

I've had a look all round and can only find 1 2 port valve on the tank itself unless they are under the floorboards but I can't see any cables going that way

You will have a 28mm zone valve with a 6 wire cable. It is a different Honeywell setup called a C Plan.

http://www.honeywelluk.com/product.aspx?r=ss&p=2388

You can get gravity circulation through the rads when HW is on, believe it or not an 'anti gravity valve' is often used to prevent this.

It is not a particularly efficient system.

If you do find a second motor valve you have an S plan.

Cheers for that looks like it may be time to modify things possibly explain why the gas bill is so high

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back