Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, happy new year,I have a Worcester 28CDi boiler fitted with an integral timer (Never used since installation since year dot) and seperate Drayton Digistat SCR RF1 wireless thermostat. Over the last week i have had a lack of central heating each day starting from about 6pm. This may last 30 mins to 4 hours. Hot water works fine but no heat. During these hours the thermostat shows the flame symbol and the receiver starts a blinking red light followed by a green overide light but the boiler doesn't fire up. I have tried using the overide button alone but the boiler does not fire up. I have killed electricty to boiler, removed the receiver unit and removed batteries from thermostat. Cleaned battery terminals and electrical contacts on receiver unit. Switched on power and paired the thermostat to the receiver. Bingo it works, Next occasion it doesn't. Yesterday same problem but then works fine on its own after 4 hours of doing nothing. Is it boiler problem or Digistat, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would suspect the receiver, I've had a few recently that sometimes fail to switch on.

Thank you TWGAS, funily enough i have just gone through the whole reset proceedure again and it has fired up.
Maybe wrong but i have a sneaky suspicion it may have something to do with the constant power cuts i've been getting. Constant flicking on and off makes me think that the surges screwed the reciver up.

Thank you for your help, will replace it tomorrow. :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks Mick,
Just picked up new Drayton Receiver and digistat, I now have heat again.

Many many thanks

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back