Central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had to remove a radiator to tile behind it. I have been battling for 2 days now to get them all to warm up. I have bled buckets of water from the two remaining ones untill they warm up. The hot water does get to them but they just cool down again. 80% of the other ones are warming up nicely after several buckets of water was bled from them.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help, only two stubborn ones to sort out. It is not a closed system and is gas.

Thanks for any help
Gosso

Sponsored Links
Have you tried to close the valves of all the radiators so only the two suspect ones are active? if not, try that.. If the rads then work fine, you will need to balance the rads...

i.e. The rads are on a loop and the rads closest to the boiler in the loop will be most efficient so the valves don't need opening as much as they would for the last ones in the loop.

yep thats done the trick! Is this common to balance the system after removing a radiator?

cheers for the help guys

The rads need to be balanced only if you fiddle around with the valves on the rads...

Really once they are balanced the valves on the rads shouldn't be touched and heating control should be done via the thermostat.

...and then, when you decide to remove a rad and replace it, it should just be a case of remembering how many turns the valves were opened to before removal.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back