Certification (N.I.C.E.I.C.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Higuys,
Can anybody out there in this electronic world verify for me as to whether or not,as a council tennant i am entitled to a copy of the electrical testing certificate on completion of a full re-wire?

Sponsored Links
you are not mate.its not your property.you wouldnt understand what it all meant anyway.

why do you want to see it.do you think somethings wonky?

You should be able to get a copy pretty much hassle-free from the landlord (or council)

Dont trust the results though, I have caught a few council sparkys out just 'filling in' these results without actually getting their test meter out. Only took a phone call to a person i know and they arent allowed to do certificates any more ;)

As aCORGI Engineer i think i may have more than a basic grasp than a leymam, what i am searching for in a reply to my question is aprofessional answer,something,sir,which you have truly left by the wayside! Regards

Keith

Sponsored Links
YOU ya dork ,as i already know of a local tennant who is in posession of said certificate and am just chasing a bit of moral support from our "sparky colleagues"!

he's probably hit the ignore button.. so he won't see anymore of your posts..

he's got a point though..

you were quick to assume that he has no electrical knowledge and that the wouldn't understand the EIC if it was given to him..

thats a fair comment.
i did ask him what he thought was wrong with with his electrics in order for me to help in some way.ok so i should perhaps have read up on him a little before hand.he asked a question i answered it.i was only trying to help.no need for the aggro.im not the first person hes been like that with though.a bit of name calling and i still dont understand why he wants to see the cert.

who cares really,i dont know him

altough you did answer his question in the first 2 sentences of your reply,
you are not mate.its not your property.
, he probably thought your coment about not understanding it was a tad insulting..

as for your last post and your reaction to him.. he at no point called you names, he was very polite in fact, he even called you sir..

i was talking about the dork comment further down.anyway it doesnt matter

No ididn,t press the ignore button,i have been noting your comments and am of the persuasion that you guys really dont care about issues concerned with a council tenancy !Why should i have a copy of an ESCas a council tennant, because i am reliably informed that this is a legal requirement under EAW.

to be fair wiggi.. it's not your property and it's usually the owner that gets the cert..

you may be within you rights to request one ( or to be shown one ) but I'm not convinced that you are supposed to be given one by any law..

that's also a very broad statement regarding the general concern of the "local board residents" one way or the other towards coincil tennents..

my own personal thoughts are that as tennents, the landlord ( in this case the council ) is responsible for the upkeep of the property.. so wiring issues etc should be addressed to them as any advice given by us and used by you without the owners permission to alter any electrics might give rise to law suits...

To Coljack

Thank you very much for your guidance ,all points noted you are a gentleman sir, as opposed to some other users of this forum!

the tenant is entitled to a copy of the cert, as well as the council and the contractor.

Have started leaving copies with tenants when I do work as some landlords don't care (went to one with fused neutral on lighting).

Much covering of ass.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back