ch insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was insulating my 22mm central heating pipes over the weekend with climaflex foam insulation... while I was putting the foam on I thought it was a bit of a loose fit and it is only now that I have finished that I've realised that I bought 28mm size foam instead of 22mm size.

Do you think it is worthwhile removing the insulation and getting the right size stuff?? or not really going to make that much of a difference...

also what is the best way to insulate around difficult to access area where I cant fit the foam on -- loft insulation materialbe any good????

thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
The 28mm insulation will do some good, but of course not as well as the 22mm stuff, personally I would change it.

As for fitting it in awkward areas, just cut little sections off and squeeze it on best you can. If there is little gaps where there is no insulation don't worry you will lose hardly any heat.

Wouldn't recommend using loft insulation, just fit the real deal stuff on best you can.

Good luck!

It was more expensive but the insulation properties will be as good if not a little better.

I would not recommend changing it.

You coule use the wrap around felt in places where there is not enough space for the floam.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back