Challenger CEF AP28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20231028_122251.jpg
A few months ago the power tripped on our alarm. It was isolated at the loft control panel. But external alarm box kept going. Then we disconnected the external speaker.

I've fitted a new MCB which restored power to the control panel. The control panel battery is reading 2.8v

Every couple of minutes the channel 1 2 3 and 24hr lights flash and in beeps.

I can't understand the manual well enough to know what this means and was hoping for some help

The original installer left notes on which channel is which and the wiring colours. But I've no working contact details for him. Have tried a local who came recommended but he said he doesn't do these systems and a family friend but no sign of him coming. So that's why I'm trying to get it sorted myself.

Sponsored Links
Check output from battery leads with battery disconnected it should be around 13.8 v dc
Replace battery if above is ok , I would remove the faulty battery as it may cause damage to the pcb
The panel is a rebadge ck/ Honeywell 800L

Thanks very much for the information. I've battery isolated. Will get a new one in next week.

I've the new battery fitted. Code had reset to 1234. Seems to be making all the right noises.

When disarmed and I enter zone two I'm getting zone two lighting on the control panel and a beep. Movement in all other zones is ok.

All zones are a single PIR sensor.

I tried engineer mode 431*# and refitted lid but zone 2 still acting up.

Just to add.

A walk test, zones 1,3,4 all light up but when I enter zone 2 it lights up cancelling the others and seemingly locking the walk test.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sorry none of this makes any sense …
Engineer code is 7890 default
From unset Press * on keypad ….what zones are lit up ? If 2 ….press 2 again the light should go off then * as it sounds like you have chime set on zone 2 …

Sorry. Appreciate the help.

From unset Press * nothing is lit up.

Unset when I walk into zone 2 the zone 2 light activates on control panel while giving a beep.

IMG_20231105_163134.jpg

Type in 7890 then open the metal box …this should now be in eng mode ( think the day light flashes depending on software version) leave panel lid open ….if so type in 42 ….what light comes up ?

Ok that’s set as a panic button ! Press 2 then * to change it to a walk through zone for now …without knowing what’s on your system and what device is on each zone I can’t comment further

Really appreciated. Didn't understand the entry into engineer mode. Thought it could be entered with the lid closed. Zone 1 is entry the other zones are rooms or halls. So take it they all should be 1 or 2.

Sorry, bloody stressful week and this job feel down the priority list. Zone 2 was tha panic one.

I take it you only come in via the door at the bottom of the stairs ? If so
Z1 entry exit
Z2,3 full guard
Z4 full guard with night isolate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back