changed time clock now boiler wont do anything

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I changed my time clock which was danfoss randall 102 for a drayton SM2. i followed the wiring diagrams as directed and when I went to test the boiler it had no reaction. There is power to the time clock and it kicks in and off when you turn dial (lights come on and off on the time clock). I changed back to old time clock thinking that the cloack was faulty. However after re wiring the old clock back up the boiler still did not kick in.

I am hoping someone can help me. I was thinking it was a reset switch or something like that. I am now panicing as my wife is 36 weeks pregnant and I cant get a plumber until next after christmas

Sponsored Links
Why do custards do this Xmas week? Absolute crazy especially with ur imminent family! Sounds like u crossed something an blew the boiler internal fuse hopefully not the pcb

this has happened before when we had the kitchen done. A simple check on the boiler and it was something not reset from what I remeber.

Sponsored Links
did you write down which wires went where before you disconnected the old timer?

yeah and double checked before I turned the mains on. I did this before i put the mains on on the new switch aswell

The live and neutral then there is a live and neutral in plugs 1 and 2 with a link live wire from the mains live into plug 3.

let me just check this with u first. 5 is neutral from the mains 6 is live. i have 6 linked to 3. then 1 is wired for DHW and 2 is wired for HTG. you want me to link 6(mains live) to 1 & 2 not 3?

yes 1 and 2 are the control wires putting 240v into these wires should bring the system on if you have not messed anything else up.

i will have a go at this in the morning. im hoping this works but would anyone have an idea of charges etc for someone to come out and do it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back