Changing Gas Meter Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone, I have a mk1 gas meter box in my front garden, I’ve been given a mk2 box and would like to fit it, I had a look today, I hoped that it would fit on the mk1 back plate, but it doesn’t, so it looks like I have to replace the whole thing. Can I do this myself or do I need a gas person? Doesn’t look too complicated, need to undo the nut on the incoming gas pipe etc, and the gas meter will need to ‘Dangle’ while I put the new back plate on. I’ve had a look on YouTube and can’t see anything there. I am supposed to be having my meter replaced soon, as it’s faulty, so do I wait for then and then do it, maybe slip him £20 to do it, as he will just want to change meter and go?
The reason for wanting to change it is that it’s filthy, I’ve tried cleaning it, but still look terribly

Many Thanks,
Steve

Sponsored Links
Not a DIY job at all, get help from the meter changer or a gas safe person.

Thanks, I’ll wait for the meter to be changed and get it done then.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I’ll wait for the meter to be changed and get it done then.

Steve
meter changer wont do it he will say no as its not worth his job
Go on gas safe site and look for someone in your area with MET1 qualification

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back