Changing pipework for new sink / water supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all ! advice needed please, i am installing a new sick & taps & i need to move the pipework for the hot water supply, a old isolator valve is jammed solid so if can i turn off the cold water supply to the combi boiler will this do the same job ? also would i have to turn the boiler off first ? probably a silly question ! but on a zero hour contract with little work so can't afford a plumber to do a simple job that if the valve was not jammed i could do my self, any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If as you say its a combi boiler turn the mains cold feed off followed by the boiler then open all taps which the pipes feed and you will be fine to adjust pipework.

Sponsored Links
Also worth mentioning if your adjusting hot and cold keep any dead legs to a minimum. None at all would be best.

Have a search for pipe dead legs if your unsure.

And always keep your hot pipe runs above your cold when you can.

All bases covered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back