Chasing depth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a minimum chase depth requirement in the Part P regs, for wires to be concealed vertically or horizontally to accessories or the other permitted zones (e.g. along ceiling).

Many thanks, this will help with my own planning queries, am not Part P myself.

Sponsored Links
Hi Charlie,

There's no minimum depth prescribed AFAIK. As an informal minimum, i guess thats down to how whingey the plasterers are and if they like to use their trowels to do Zorro impressions.

there are no "part P regs.." it simply states that all electrical work in a dwelling must be done safely.. it then goesn on to give a list of things that require notification to the LABC so that big brother knows you've done the work right..

as for the wiring regs, no there is no minimum depth, but cables burried less than 50mm deep from the surface require to be mechanically protected, have an earthed metalic sheath or be protected by an RCD.. ( the latter is the option most go for as they use T+E cable )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back