Cheap or no central heating inhibitor??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am in a position where I need to drain down my central hearing system twice in the coming months. Basically I need to replace a radiator downstairs and also move the pipe work before we have new carpets fitted. The carpet fitter is booked now and due to having a baby on the way I can't move the date.

I can't do the other radiator as it is in a room currently used to store everything from the rooms that are getting new carpets. I'm not against draining down the system twice, but don't want to fork out on two lots of expensive inhibitor if I don't have to. Is it ok to put in cheap or even no inhibitor after the first drain down?? It will only be a few months before it is drained down again.

Hope it makes sense and thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
Ideally what you should do is drain down, fix the first radiator then add some cleanser to the system and leave this in till you a ready to fix the other radiator, then fix that and add some inhibitor before you fill the sytem back up for the last time. Try fleabay look for fernox F5 & F1 express. It's worth doing to look after your CH system.

I would always advise you put in inhibitor, if it is only a month or so then you should be ok providing you make sure you do put it in and don't leave it to long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back