Check/Service existing alarm

• Thread starter roberta1000
  • Start date
Oh look. The little barkeeper has come out to play. I'll av arf.

Sponsored Links
Joe-90 as I said originally, my insurance company requires this and so even though I could confidently do it myself I need someone who can sign it off backed by an approved signature. I have a large amount of contents insurance and keep a large amount of cash on the premises. It is not easy to find an insurance company who care nothing for the alarm system. You are not helping by pointing out that DIYers can install DIY alarms.

In that case pay the money and stop griping.

Sponsored Links
Oh for heavens sake, I'm an alarm engineer of 35+yrs, my insurance company requires a service contract with an 'approved' company, and not even the one I work for!

If you don't do what is required by your insurance company and there is a problem, that will be their 'out'.

An non-approved company, one man band type, 4 hr breakdown cover, not the ones I know of.

Don't forget to have it serviced and KEEP the paperwork, I know of one company? that does not issue paperwork, just says it's on the computer so we can prove we've done it! Yea right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back