Chemical injected DPC

Sponsored Links
1. skimmers indicated what to do with the render, why do you want to inject such a structure?

2. Do you understand the difference between rising and penetrating damp?

3. the previous pic showed the rendered wall butting up to some open brickwork - was this brickwork the outside face of a house wall?

yes it is a house wall.

I'm pretty sure the damp is the actual blockwork sucking it up.

There is no penetrating damp because the paving falls away from the wall and the render only goes halfway down behind 60mm the paving block which are laid on a free draining grit.

The ground is a fair depth of type 2 fill so i'm guessing there is water moving through this layer of relatively free draining material.

If you have any other thoughts i'd appreciate your opinions on a solution.

I'm sure it's damp rising due to the tide mark and almost constant dampness of the bottom 6 inches.

You will still get a bit of rain bounce off the path, even though it drains away from the wall. That's why a DPC needs to be at least 6 inches above the ground.

Sponsored Links
Your rendered wall might be bridging the DPC in the abutting brick wall. Thats if it butts up to it.

I can only advise you to follow skimmers advice.

I put a vertical dpc between the house and the new wall so no concerns there.

How many of you out of interest would put a dpc in a garden wall?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back