CHICKEN EGGS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought some free range chicken eggs off the car bootie at the weekend i noticed from the ones i bought from the supermarket that they where just a plain colour and the car bootie eggs where freckled and some where white, and the taste of these where out of this world compared with the others and the white eggs had a lighter and bigger yolk is there a name for these white eggs as i think these where great.

Is there a type of chicken that lase white eggs.

Sponsored Links
it's the health and diet of the hens that affects the quality of their eggs (not the colour).

A free-ranger that eats grain, worms, insects etc and can run about freely getting exercise and freedom will be in a better state of health than one that is locked up in twilight, squashed up next to another 20 or so in a square metre, pecking at each other, standing in muck, and probably suffering from feather loss and various infections.

battery eggs are very poor quality.

Sponsored Links
it's the health and diet of the hens that affects the quality of their eggs (not the colour).

A free-ranger that eats grain, worms, insects etc and can run about freely getting exercise and freedom will be in a better state of health than one that is locked up in twilight, squashed up next to another 20 or so in a square metre, pecking at each other, standing in muck, and probably suffering from feather loss and various infections.

battery eggs are very poor quality.

I agree but these eggs i got are the best ever and the white eggs where even better they had a bigger yolk , what i would like to know is there a certain type of hen that leas the white eggs.

You have to be careful with those eggs as they have a high incidence of salmonella. Many at car boots are only graded for pet food only.

You have to be careful with those eggs as they have a high incidence of salmonella. Many at car boots are only graded for pet food only.

Woof Woof what yea barking about ive been eating them for years,

and i know the difference from duck and chicken eggs as i also bought some duck heads as well.

I agree but these eggs i got are the best ever and the white eggs where even better they had a bigger yolk , what i would like to know is there a certain type of hen that leas the white eggs.

The Pure white eggs can be from a Free Range WhiteStar Leghorn

We have 6 Chickens in the garden producing Fantastic eggs.

heres the list where we buy from now and again.

http://www.cambridgepoultry.co.uk/poultryforsale.htm

and white cows give white milk.

So black-and-white cows...

zactly! :LOL:
p.s I feel the need to tell you/name drop, but it dosnt justify starting a new thread, I met Bill Bryson the other day,he then came and sat with us at our table for the rest of the evening, just the four of us, plus Bill, I was drunk and I think I took the micky out of him maybe too much!! a nice friendly fella.
ok! carry on!

Sponsored Links
Back