chimnet stack lead flashings replace quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have been quoted £475 plus vat to take out and replace flashing for one chimney
"........with code 4 lead cover flsahings strapped and wedged securely into positin, include dressing, forming and lead burning as required."
the roofer did go onto the roof and look in roof, it is a roof with gutter in middle which he says is fine, I have some damp spots on ceiling

he says all the other flashing on roof is fine and just this one chimney was fitted incorectly

the previous roofer who went up did not say anything about the chimney, so I cant compare quotes

is this a reasonable quote?

Sponsored Links
Whilst lead working is done to perfection some people do charge rather alot but on the other hand the cost of lead and materials is quite bad at the moment, without knowing the exact wear and tear on it I dont think anyone could possibly confirm nor deny his quote.

I guess maybe people could give a rough guestimate on what they might charge if rough sizes were given?

Sponsored Links
I guess it sounded expensive for 1 chimney, it is square and bi enough for 4 pots but actually has 2 pots
also previous postings had talked about not having less than code 5

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back