Choice of MPV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to decide between a VW Touran 1.9TDI SE or a Vauxhall Zafira 1.9 TDI SRI, both 07 plate.

I have compared specs, price ect but would like some advice or tips on which would be the better choice. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
is the vw a pd engine if so then it uses specific oil,

im now running a ford galaxy tdi(pd) which has a vw engine and generally they are very good engines.
i have had a mk 1 zafira great car but rather on the small side for my needs,and totally crapp far most rear seats.
have driven the newer versions and would say steer clear of the 1.6ltr version,b.loody gutless.

I've got an 07 Zafira 1.9 SRi, and it's actually not a bad drive at all (based on the Astra). It really does feel 'car like' and whilst having a little bit of poke (150 bhp) the fuel economy is always above 40mpg, no matter how you drive it!

You do tend to feel the bumps though if it's got the 17" SRi alloys and as said previously the boot goes to zero if you've the back seats up! I leave them down and the boot is a great size - by shoving the middle ones forward you can get a decent amount in too.

I'd imagine that you wouldn't get as much for your money with the VW equivilent, though the quality of the plastics/build is generally better. I've got a MK 4 Golf 1.9 TDI (PD) as well, and it does feel really well screwed together.

Get along for a test drive in both - it's the best way!

Sponsored Links
I had a test drive in the vw Touran Yesterday and it was very nice. I'm swaying towards this mpv. It was a little messy insde and the Alloys were bubbling. I have been told this can be sorted.

I now avoid Vauxhall due to poor dealers

took mine in for a major service

had it checked by another Vauxhall Dealer ,no filters had been replaced ,this dealer did rectify it free of charge however so they are not all bad

VW will be worth more on resale.

not a lot in it . I considered them both but ended up buying an S-Max , very happy with it indeed.

Back