Choosing a consumer unit

As a recent customer for this sort of work I think it's worth doing a bit of research on the various CU configurations so that you can better understand what the electricians are quoting/suggesting. You may have one recommending dual RCD, another might be quoting for all RCBO for example.

Tony S

Sponsored Links
humm, for the few circuits you have, RCBO's would be the way to go.

However B&Q like to sell dual RCD CU's from what I have seen.

Aye, I don't have many circuits; I always thought that upstairs and downstairs rings were separated, until I moved into this house.

Aye, I don't have many circuits; I always thought that upstairs and downstairs rings were separated, until I moved into this house.
In the majority of untouched older installations, you would generally find all the sockets of the house on one circuit, then all the lights on one circuit.
With a cooker and immersion circuit to keep them company.

Sponsored Links
Cooker is on the same circuit as everything else; still, it's not blown. Maybe there is a nail instead of a fuse. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back