Christmas lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well they do look nice with all these Christmas lights & rope lights on these property roof and what concern me is how are they putting them up safety without the person fixing them falling off the roof ? Are they using roof ladder, cherry picker, body harness or are they risking their safety ? I've seen one in the newspaper with loads of rope lights from one chimney along the ridge tiles to the other end of the chimney, did the person walk along the ridge tiles to fix this ? Have any of your neighbour's done this, if so, how did they do it ?

Sponsored Links
Our local TV news channel was recently running a competition with a £1000 prize for the best decorated house. They actually said anybody could enter, whatever type of house you live in, even if it's a tower block! I said to Julie at the time how pathetic, I can just see people climbing around to hang lights on the side of flats!

Will Part P put a stop to all the shennanigans? what strain are these people putting on there electrics? all fed from a 13a plugtop with bridged fuse no doubt ;)

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
even if it's a tower block![/b]I can just see people climbing around to hang lights on the side of flats!

This was something I noticed yesterday evening - a flat up on a block absolutely festooned with lights. I am sure they had managed it all from the balcony.

Come on though, even the original had a flaming great star!

Ninebob said.
Eddie M wrote:
I reckon they should be on the chav test list.

Look again, they are!

Who is? Don't be shy you can say what you like on here.

The Chav Test said:
ScreenHunter_007.jpg

Have you noticed with new build homes that, they quite often have things like external taps and sockets etc, how long will it be before they cater for the ever growing fashion to have external christmas lighting???

I know of a house in Bedfordshire where I am told they hire scaffolding to put the lights up and take them down.

Sponsored Links
Back