Christmas Lights on Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Bit late for this I know but its always troubled me.
Basically my Partner would like a few Christmas Lights put up on the roof, in particular a cross, now the lights are a silhouette design so would need to stand up and not lay flat to the roof - is this something a DIYer can do, I have the means to safely get to the roof, but how do they stay secure to the roof tiles? I have heard of shingle clips/tabs etc but cant see how they stay secure, any help would be greatly appreciated, as Im already thinking about it next year lol cheers

Sponsored Links
just tell her it cant be done,simples.

or tell her to get her backside up there and do it.

Hi, Bit late for this I know but its always troubled me.
, in particular a cross, now the lights are a silhouette design so would need to stand up and not lay flat to the roof -
Wrong symbol - a Cross is for Easter :idea:

Sponsored Links
I know it really worrying you , but in market there are lights available which are made for roof and are safe also , so go in a shop where these lights are available and ask them to fit it they will give you service.

garage door openers installation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back