Cisten condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, any ideas please, our toilet backs onto an outside wall. When I fitted a new bathroom I put some polystyrene behind the cistern to try to stop condensation on the cistern. Still getting the condensation so I think it's down to the coldness of the water coming into the cistern, the water is very cold. Any help please.

Sponsored Links
try to reduce the humidity of the bathroom. For example using a powerful extractor fan, especially during and after showers, and while wet towels are drying.

I think you will struggle to stop this. We have a toilet in the utility room & condensation forms on it all winter but not summer. I have not found a way to prevent it. Perhaps I should connect it to the hot water supply.:unsure:

It's been discussed a couple f times before at least, don't think anyone's ever found a solution. Do a search.

Sponsored Links
I think you will struggle to stop this. We have a toilet in the utility room & condensation forms on it all winter but not summer. I have not found a way to prevent it. Perhaps I should connect it to the hot water supply.:unsure:
It's been discussed a couple f times before at least, don't think anyone's ever found a solution. Do a search.

Thanks that gives me plenty to look at.

Tried hot water in the old cistern, it cracked it. But I may run the water from the tank, its got to be a few degrees warmer. Thanks.

Running the water feed from the tank in the loft space will make a difference, I gather at the moment the cistern it is fed directly from the mains, Water Temperature difference having run underground in the Winter causes the condensation,

Thanks Bosswhite, I will try the tank. A friend of mine ( who knows everything about everything or so he tells everyone ) said it would not work, but if you don't try you will never know, unless your that friend of mine.

Only good ventilation will have any effect, I use high volume fan with two inlets to keep shower room moisture free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back