Citroen Picasso 2001 2.0 HDI Fuel Filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to change the fuel filter on my Picasso Diesel but cannot remove the top of the fuel filter housing. It is the later type with an electrical connection for the heater. I believe that the top just unscrews but it will not budge. I have tried a strap wrench and oil filter wrench.
Does the top just unscrew or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance.
Ian
:(

Sponsored Links
Best to get it on the bench after disconnecting the fuel pipes, and then look for the positioning marks on the top and on the body.....then you need a huge grip to turn the locking ring. A strap wrench of some kind could be handy here!
John :)

Ok. I'll have a look at taking it off. It just seems a bit OTT to have to take the whole housing off just to to change the filter. It may be easier though as space is a bit limited around the housing.
Thanks.

It is a bit OTT for sure, but its the way I do it...the fuel pipes come off by squeezing the square panels on the ends and gently waggling them free.
You can also invert the filter bowl to get rid of any dirt or swarf that could be lurking in the bottom of the bowl.
The filter top gets tight because the rubber sealing ring between the bowl and the top tends to expand. Coat the new ring with oil for reassembly.
Good luck with it!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Yes, it was so much easier taking the housing off and doing it that way. Clamped on a bench with a big strap wrench and it was unscrewed with a bit of huffing and puffing.!! Only one problem, I have got the wrong size replacement!! Anyway, I have the measurements now so the next one will be correct. Thanks again.

Back