Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can somebody help please
I fitted an aftermarket cd player to the saxo
I checked the wiring with my meter before and after and everything seemed fine
however when I put on my dipped lights the radio went off
so i brought it back and tested again with meter and this time I found
a Yellow wire that had no power to it ( both without the ignition and with)
had power when the lights were on
connected this wire and the battery for the car went dead
I have now disconnected the stereo and everthing is fine
can somebody help
or even point me in the direction for a wiring diagram

thanks

Sponsored Links
The yellow is from the ignition. red is permenant live from the fuse box (if i remember rightly). connect yellow and red from the radio to the red in the car. job done.

sorry mate
when connecting it yesterday there were four wires (Plus the speaker wires)
two were grey one thin and one thicker, one was blue and then the yellow
the thin grey one was the constant feed, the thicker grey was an ignition feed and the blue was neutral (weird eh)

at the time the yellow had no power at all to it both with igniton on and off the only time it had power was when the lights were on (weirder)

even the speaker wires are wierd instaed of one having a tracer on it and different colours for differnt speakers they are red and green
so i dont know if they are maybe round the wrong way and causing the battery to go flat??

Sponsored Links
found out what the yellow wire is for
its to light up the stereo when the lights come on (like the dash lights)
however when i connected the yellow to the igniton and constant feeds they blew the fuse but when I dont the stereo cuts off when the lights come on

I think i may need to check out the wiring diagram for the stereo itself
does anyone know where I can find one for a JVC

hi
still scratching my head this get stranger and stranger
found out what the wire was for and connected it to the stereo via the wire to illuminate it and it still cuts off when i switch the lights on
anybody have any ideas
I am really starting to hate citroens now

hi
i have this same problem and was wondering if you found a solution to it??
please reply soon cheers

i am havin same problem cus wen i try and wire my stereo up got nuffin stereo dnt work and got no indicators but wen i put the 2 grey wires 2 gether have indicators but radio dnt cumon

i am havin same problem cus wen i try and wire my stereo up got nuffin stereo dnt work and got no indicators but wen i put the 2 grey wires 2 gether have indicators but radio dnt cumon

wot streo u got wot car u got. av u got a ISO adapta cabel

i found out what is going wrong... wires from car are as follows

thick grey = constant feed
thin grey = switched feed
yellow - DO NOT CONNECT
blue = earth

the problem is when the headlights get switched on it changes how the radio gets earthed...

so to overcome this problem what you need to do is earth the radio directly to the chassis (or somewhere else that would do the job)

i found out what is going wrong... wires from car are as follows

thick grey = constant feed
thin grey = switched feed
yellow - DO NOT CONNECT
blue = earth

the problem is when the headlights get switched on it changes how the radio gets earthed...

so to overcome this problem what you need to do rather than earth the head unit through the 'blue wire'... earth it directly to the chassis (or somewhere else that would do the job)

Sponsored Links
Back