Cleaning a Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to give my heating system a good clean through before having a magneclean fitted.

There seem to be a lot of different chemical from Sentinal, Fernox etc for doing this - can anyone recommend one of the others?

Once's its been run through for a fortnight and drained do I need to neutrilise it or and an inhibitor and if so again reccomended products would be appreciated.

Thanks very much

Steven

Sponsored Links
It all depends on a lot of information you have not provided.

Make and model of boiler as some have aluminium components

Radiators like wise what are they made of ?

Hot water cylinder for example a Primatic unit has to be treated differently to an indirect unit.

Pete

In most cases Sentinel X800 for 24 hours would be best.

Throughly flushed out afterwards before adding X100 inhibitor.

But best to fit the Magnaclean BEFORE you add the X800 !

Tony

I would suggest just running in the system with the drain valve open and filling allowing the pump to circulate. This keeps the water in the system.
Do that until you have clear water running from the drain valve.
Repeat a couple of times after some circulation has been allowed then add the magnetic cleaner to take care of anything else.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your input everyone.

So lets get this right I put the sentinal in AFTER I add the magna clean - not clean drain it out then fit it? Te

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back