Cleaning Monoblock driveway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I bought a property that has a monoblock drive way.

The driveway itself is in pretty good condition nothing a power washer will not sort out and then brush some kiln sand over it.

The biggest problem is the moss growing, whats the best way to remove this? I did a seciton of it last night pretty old school, using a garden hand fork to run along the cracks (not scraping the brick work) and then sweep it up.

Anyother suggestions?

What is the best way to stop this moss growning in furture?

Sponsored Links
Well, since you asking, :)

Salt mixed in water and sprayed on does a good job; the salt pulls out the water from the moss and as long as the mix is not too thin, it should work, or better yet try I to a small area?

I've used soda crystals on a back garden pation before this was to clean the slabs tho not remove moss and this worked great.

I suppose what I am getting at is that am I wasting my time scrapping out the moss with a garden hand tool, if I plan to jet wash it anyway?

The plan was scarp out the moss, sweep up, jet wash and then re sand once dry!

Sponsored Links
sorry missed a step out

The plan was scarpe out the moss, sweep up, jet wash, treat with moss/weed killer or something and then re sand once dry!

Unfortunately, chemical weed killers only really act on the growing plant......what you need is for the ground to be sterile.
If you do find anything please let me know - I reckon a copper sulphate solution is as near as we can get!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back