cleaning/refilling CH system - Netaheat boiler not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope somebody might be able to help.

I put sone CH cleaner (fernox F3) in my sealed system a couple of weeks ago. Today, i have drained down the system and now refilled it with fresh water via filling loop with some inhibitor (f1). I have bled the rads (as best i can - some seem to now be hissing as well as expelling water so not sure if still some air in system??) and topped up with more water to increase the pressure to about 1.25 bar.

The problem is now that when i run the system it cuts out after about 2 minutes. The saftey trip button under the boiler is popping out. If i leave for 30 mins or so then i can press it back in and try again but the same thing is happening.

Is it because there is still air in the system somewhere that needs to be bled??

Other thing is that i noticed the front panel of the bolier was really hot - not really touched it before so this may be normal.. or not?

Any help appreciated - i'm sure it will be cold this evening and you might just safe me some earache from the missus if i can get it working by tonight!!

Sponsored Links
The front of the old Netaheat does get very hot so don't worry about that
I suspect you have air stuck in the system somewhere. I sugget you start at the pump, check that there is no air stuck there (screw in the front of the pump will release air) you may have manual or auto vent points on the pipework at various locations that need bleeding too.
P.S. make sure the pump is running as well!! ;)

Thanks Boilerman2... just went and turned the screw on the pump and... fsssssssssssssssssssssss!

it appears you were right. rads now warming up nicely!

thanks again

Myles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back