Clearance above a combi boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have had a combi boiler installed under the stairs. The plasterboard ceiling was ripped out to accomodate the boiler and the vertical flue that shoots off at 90 degrees through the outside wall. I plan to fit a plywood ceiling (to be able to access the electrics above) but I'm not sure what clearance I shoud have above the boiler/flue. I don't have a great deal of space to play with by the way! Advice appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
A vertical flue goes out through your roof what you have is a horizontal flue , you will have to post make and model of boiler for us to tell you what clearance is required all boilers are different

Most boilers need 200 mm above the boiler.

This is mostly to accommodate the flue elbow.

Space above the elbow is needed to allow the elbow to be lifted to remove to replace or inspect it.

Tony

The manufacturers instructions should have a diagram showing all required clearances. What make and model?

Sponsored Links
Look at the manual. Access often required to components fitted rear of boiler

Also be aware that boilers should not be fitted close to combustible materials like plywood!

Also be aware that boilers should not be fitted close to combustible materials like plywood!

Not true Tony. Fitted plenty straight onto plywood.:cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back