Clickety Click (not Bingo)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay guys, I bought a brand new Kenwood gas hob (obviously electric ignition of burners) so I will be claiming on the guarantee here but I really want to understand what the problem is (in case it is really trivial).

Problem was this - got a CORGI registered gas bloke in and he fitted the hob with ease. However, he soon found that the minute you plug the hob in (to supply electricity to the ignition) it clicks ALL the time regardless of whether you are pressing down on a knob or not ? You can literally see all four gas burners sparking (hence the click click click noise) even when you don't even touch a knob.

So as a precaution we took the plug out and are manually lighting the gas burners with a manual ignitor thingy (you know what I mean). The gas side of things is fine.

Any ideas ? Obviously I don't want to invalidate my warranty by touching the damn thing but I'm really curious as to why this is happening.

Cheers. :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
are you sure the knobs not stuck down

if you claim under the guarantee try and get rembursed for the bill for taking it out and refitting it :)

yeah thats kinda what the CORGI registered bloke checked first really mate......there must be somebody out there who has an inkling as to what the problem is ? ?

Sponsored Links
We had the opposite one time, no clickediclick whatsoever after 8 months fatefully working. Because of warrantee mechanic comes out and changes circuit of the clickediclick thingy which made the clickediclick thingy work again :))
(I'm not a 'sparky', so excuse the language ;))

You might have a similar prolbem with a faulty circuit??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back