Clipping Central Heating Pipework To Joists?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My C/H pipework runs in notched out pipework under the floor boards and is not clipped. Originally is was kind of clipped using crossed nails and hessian for protection but I noticed it was wearing a hole in the pipe so removed them. I decided to leave the pipes floating as there seems to be an unusual amount of movement in my house and figured saddle clips would also wear away at the pipes and plastic clips would required deeper notches and due to the movement the pipes would probably pop out of the clips.
There is quite a lot of noise when the pipes heat up the floor boards are coming up for another job I'm reconsidering clipping them. Any recommendations on whether I should clip them and which clips I should use?

Sponsored Links
Double Wrap some felt lagging around and between them where they sit in the notches, sort of like a bandage round two fingers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back