Central Heating Pipe - clipping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My recently installed central heating system - is making a few clips/taps/knocks when heating up.

I know it can be normal as we have copper pipes / wood floors etc.

If some of the pipes under the floor boards are movable (ie u can flex some VERY easily side to side) and there are no clips or ties etc anywhere. Can i safely add some of the little U clips u can buy from DIY places to secure and reduce movement and hense noise?
If i resrict movement with the clips can the pipes split as they cannot move as much when they expand / contact ???

Advice please !

Cheers

Sponsored Links
i find it best to get some hessian and wrap the pipes under the floor to stop this

i find that whacking clips on them only makes the noise worse as you are ramming the pipes up against the wood and there is no room for them to expand so they push against the wood and give you your noise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back