Cloudy hot water from taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Last couple of days, the water coming from the hot taps has been cloudy. This dissipates after 30 secs or so, and agitating the water doesn't make it cloudy again - so, looks like dissolved air.

I've an unvented system, with a Heatrae Stadia Megaflo cylinder. Haven't made any changes to anything, so the only ideas I can come up with are :-

a) there's a fault, and the water is overheating. Unfortunately, the vent from the Megaflo runs between the conservatory and the fence with next door, and I can't see if there's hot water coming out. However, I haven't noticed the boiler spending more time heating the water
b) the boiler is adding some air
b) the ground around the water stop cock/meter outside was in need of rework, which they said might involve readjusting the position of it. They appear to have come along yesterday morning and done part of the work, and left a lovely yellow plastic cover to protect it. There's a muddy film over the metal cover, so they may have adjusted the position. So, this may have introduced some air into the system.

I'm tending to (b) or (c), as my wife said that some cludy water came out of the kitchen tap today when she turned it on to cold, but then came out clear. The first lot of water was cold, so I'm assuming it had previously been set to hot.

Any views as to the likeliest cause ?

As I'm new to unvented cylinders, can anyone tell me where the thermostat is on it ?

Sponsored Links
if the water temperature is hot enough you shouldn't need to adjust it, and the cloudiness will be air bubbles, quite normal, nothing to worry about.

if the water temperature is hot enough you shouldn't need to adjust it, and the cloudiness will be air bubbles, quite normal, nothing to worry about.

Unfortunately, I tend to worry about pretty much anything to do with the house (ask my long suffering brother) - whereas I'm cool as a cucumber at work.

Sponsored Links
Human nature , M8 - I used to worry about work ( plumbing)and be cool about my house/s . Bought this one without a survey ;) . If I had to work now the state of the supply /quality/ damage/ lack of parts would do my flippin head right in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back