coax cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

i am going to be running coax through the house to feed multiple tivo boxes for the family my question is where the main feed comes in the cable is ctfc t110 its tripple shielded. when i split it into each run (4way splitter) can i use pf100 its double shielded? because its a nightmare getting hold of the virgin stuff :unsure:

Sponsored Links
I would suggest booking an install visit and asking the call centre to get the engineer to drop off the cable, isolators etc for you to run.

The engineer can pair all the boxes with the smart cards on the one point in the house where the cable comes in and leave you them all working and you can then run the cables yourself and move the tivos to the places you want.

The benefit of this is that VM can check your signal levels and cable runs - for example if your signal level is low then you may need to run all the cables to one place for a booster to be fitted or if the level is superb then you may be able to split the cable as you go (so one run upstairs and then split it up there). The engineer can also give you advice on actually running the cables (for example bend radius and dont run under carpet etc).

All VM cable is usually surface run so there is a benefit to doing it yourself if you want to run in walls etc but it is worth talking it over with an engineer first.

Cheers,

David.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back