Code C6 Worcester Greenstar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to turn on the Gas boiler today after being off all summer and got warning code C6 - Fan speed too low. After removing the component and checking it I re-installed it but with no luck.
It seems these are a known fault with the Worcester boilers so I would like to know if anyone has a contact who actually repairs them. I think they're about £200 for a replacement which sucks for a two year old boiler.
Failing that the best place to source this component.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Call WB who will replace it for £210, you can buy them fan for about £120 but the gas valve needs set up with a FGA after the fan has been installed so you need someone who knows what they're doing.

Not a DIY job however.

WB number below, you'll get them today up to 6PM, I think.

PS if this is a known fault and your boiler is just out of warranty WB will repair it FOC but you'll have to press them on that.

Thought I'd give you guys some feedback.
Called Worcester on Monday morning and explained the problem. Told them the boiler was one month out of warranty and they offered to repair free of charge. Not only that but the engineer came out that day. Can't really fault the service.

Sponsored Links
Friend and foe pretty much agree that WB customer service is the best of all makes available in this country.
Out of warrantee fault, fixed foc, and the same day :eek:
Bet you are happy with your choice. :LOL:

They did that on a customer's boiler before I was an WBAI.

Boiler (40CDI conventional) was just out of warranty but the PCB was dead and it was replaced FOC by WB however some of the guys in the CC tipped me the wink re the PCBs.

Best boiler company I've dealt with since Vokera first started out in Glasgow way back in the early nineties, back then you could get an (Vokera) engineer out to a job within about two hours.

I know that WB boiler attract critisism on here for build quality etc but as far as CS is concerned they are miles in front of every boiler manufacturer out there, IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back