cold radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi peeps i'm looking for help!!

my bathrrom radiator is not heating up at all i have checked the TVR, removed rad and flushed it. still no joy please help!!!

the radiator has worked in the past but has given up the ghost. have i done something wrong???

Sponsored Links
You say you checked the trv but what about the lockshield on the other side?

what should i do with the lockshield? the pipe on the trv side is hot the pipe on the lockshield side cold

Sponsored Links
yea was open a bit have just bled again until i got hot water coming out the bleed valve bottom of radiator cold now will that heat now that the radiator warm at top?

correction onn my last got warm water not hot lol should i remove the lockshield valve and try flush it. when i flushed the rad i did get black stuff coming out but flushed it for about 15min shook it etc etc til water was clear.

ok thought i was getting somewhere an had some heat just at the top however its gone cold again am confident tvr is working and that the lockshield is operating have flushed radiator again dont know wat else to do

If you have a combi boiler like us, and it as lost water due to a leak*, like us, then the system wont have the pressure to push around the system. Like us.

*or by beng bled several times!

Remove the radiator again. Then open each valve one at a time to ensure that you have a good flow from each. Obviously place a tray or some receptacle to receive the water from the valves

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back