cold radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just looking for some addvice. the mother of my kids is renting a house and asking the landlord to do anything. well it would be easyer smashing your head off brick wall!!! but the problem is there is only one radiator that only gets warm in the full house! last winter i tryed to bleed them but still no better. has anyone got any ideas that could help me please?

Sponsored Links
Apart from advice in using capital letter and a spell checker, what advice are you asking for - legal or with regard to fixing the radiators?

sorry i never went to school that much to learn how to spell! :D but if someone knows how i can fix the radiators myself i would be very greatfull thanks.

Okey dokey. A few more details will help. What sort of heating system is it (a combi, or cylinder with a boiler)?
Which radiator is warm - eg is it the bathroom one?
When you bled the radiators, did they go warm at all?
Have you opened all the radiator valves?
Does closing the one that does get warm enable another to get warm in it's place?
At present, we can only fish for possible causes, and the more details you can give, the better the chance of getting somewhere.

Could be as simple as the pump not running.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your help so far. its a combi boiler witch is placed in middle landing at top of stairs. yeah all the valves at the bottom of ever heater are opend up. the one that gets a little warm is less than 4ft away from the boiler. and when i closed the valves on that one the boiler lost all its pressure? so i opend the valves back up and had to open the filling loop on boiler so she could get hot water again. have you got any more ideas please? thanks again for taking time to help me.

Thinking as I'm typing here.

How can closing the closest rad (used possibly as a bypass) cause the system to lose all its pressure? Unless there was a local blockage/airlock and closing this rad had shifted it in part due to diverting pressure into the flow??????? Plausable???? So I'm guessing an airlock in the flow pipework.

sorry but you have lost me there. im a scaffolder and dont have a clue about wheelhead valves? or TRVs. all of that has gone right over my head. mined not that takes much doing as im only 5ft 6inch! haha.

arilocks i do know a littel bit about them but not a great deal mined. so witch would be the flow pipe?and if it is a airlock in there would i be able to sort that myself??

sorry but you have lost me there. im a scaffolder and dont have a clue about wheelhead valves? or TRVs. all of that has gone right over my head. mined not that takes much doing as im only 5ft 6inch! haha.
TRV - Thermostatic valves with numbers on them.
Wheelhead valves - simple valves that you turn on/off by rotating, about 1 1/2" high.
Lockshield valve - ones that are not readily adjustable.

Which of these are fitted on the radiators?

i wont bore you with the full facts but my dad past away when i was 3 yrs old. and bye the time i was ment to be in secondre school my mam was a old laddy that needed looked after. thats how i never went to school coz my mam was ment more to me than school.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back